About the service
A "prior art search" refers to the process of systematically researching and identifying all relevant information, documents, and publicly available knowledge that existed before a particular invention or innovation.
The Methodology of Prior Art search involves broadly scoping, understanding, searching, analysis, and reporting.
Scope of the Project
The Prior Art search project encompasses patents and published patent applications worldwide, focusing on Prior Art.
The Prior Art search is conducted in three phases, following a structured approach :
Understanding the Technology
In this initial phase, we immerse ourselves in the domain of interest of the technology.
Analysis and Reporting
We identify the relevant patent references on the basis of Title, Abstract, and Claims based screening before the cutoff date.
Deliverable Format The final deliverable is a structured MS Excel-based report. This report includes all references located during the search.
At Effectual Services, we follow a rigorous and systematic approach to Prior Art searches, ensuring that our clients receive a comprehensive and well-organized report that aids informed decision-making and innovation in their respective domains.
Why Choose us?
There are several compelling reasons to choose Effectual Services for your Prior Art search needs
Highly Qualified Team
Effectual Services boasts an experienced team comprising Indian Patent Agents and Master's and Bachelor’s degree holders from renowned universities. The team members are specialized in various technical domains, including Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Life Sciences. Many also have legal expertise, making them well-suited for Intellectual Property-related services.
Access to Comprehensive Databases
Effectual Services have access to the industry’s leading patent and non-patent databases which provide us access to the 100+ jurisdictions worldwide :
- Various Patent databases like STN, Derwent Innovations, Orbit (from QuestelTM) and Total Patents (from LexisNexisTM), Google Patents, Espacenet, Patentscope, USPTO, and other regional patent databases.
- Non-patent databases such as IP.com, ScienceDirect, Google Scholar, IEEE Xplore, CiteSeer, ACM Library, Wiley’s Online Library, etc. This extensive database access ensures comprehensive coverage of relevant information.
Comprehensive Search Strategy
Effectual services search strategy is comprehensive and includes various approaches, such as keyword-based searching, patent classification-based searching (e.g., CPC, IPC, USC, FI, F-Term), assignee and inventor-based searching, and citation search (spider searching). With a combination of an experienced, multidisciplinary team, and access to extensive databases, Effectual Services is well-equipped to provide high-quality Prior Art searches tailored to your specific needs, ensuring that you receive comprehensive and actionable insights into your chosen technology domain.
Provides customized reports and recommendations to address your specific challenges and opportunities.
Stay ahead of the competition, reduce costs, and drive innovation with our Prior Art search service.
Effectual Keyword and Standard Search Tool
Effectual Services enhances search results with an in-house keywords database and an in-house standard search tool. These tools improve efficiency and effectiveness in searching within lengthy documents.
Enhanced Search Capabilities
Effectual Services search capabilities go beyond traditional methods. We offer image-based and native search options, along with an in-house team for extracting relevant information from videos, including captions and subtitles. This multimedia search capability sets us apart.
"At Effectual, we have successfully delivered 1000+ Prior Art search projects worldwide in various branches of science for gathering and analyzing the latest advancements and innovations in specific scientific fields such as biotechnology, chemistry, environmental science, computer science, medical science, material science, agricultural science, neuroscience, energy science, aeronautical engineering, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering searches etc.
As a leader in IP services, we bring proven expertise, cutting-edge technology, and a commitment to your success.
"Unlock Innovation and Stay Ahead of the Curve! Choose Effectual Services for Your Prior Art Search Today.
Join hands with us and experience the difference. Contact us today to explore how we can make your projects a resounding success !Contact Us Now
Method for producing a workpiece surface on a bar-shaped workpiece
Our client, a leading manufacturing company, has pioneered innovations in Laser Workpiece technology. The invention pertains to a specialized method applied to a specific type of workpiece. In highly specialized technical fields, finding relevant prior art can be challenging due to variations in terminology used across patents and publications. It's crucial to select appropriate keywords and phrases for the search.
Our team conducted a focused search for Laser Workpiece technology to advance through cutting-edge solutions. To begin the search, we utilized patent databases like the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), European Patent Office (EPO), and WIPO's PatentScope, employing the selected keywords for both broad and specific searches. We also paid close attention to patent classifications (CPC, IPC) to refine our search. Furthermore, we expanded our exploration to encompass non-patent literature, exploring scientific and technical literature databases such as IEEE Xplore, Google Scholar, and academic journals, recognizing that academic papers, conference proceedings, and technical manuals may hold valuable prior art.
We identified numerous pertinent patents encompassing Laser Workpiece technology concepts akin to those proposed by the client. This enabled the client to make well-informed decisions regarding potential modifications to their claims, ensuring avoidance of potential patent infringement while still attaining their desired performance attributes.
"I am delighted to share my experience working with Effectual Services in our tire development endeavors. I've had the privilege of collaborating with Effectual Services on numerous occasions, and I can confidently say that they have been an invaluable partner in our tire innovation journey"
Tire Manufacturing Company
"I am delighted to provide a testimonial for the exceptional invalidity search services delivered by Effectual Services and their team. Their in-depth analysis and exhaustive research capabilities played a pivotal role in uncovering prior art that significantly impacted the validity of a patent. Their attention to detail, clear communication, and commitment to delivering results were truly impressive. We confidently recommend Effectual Services to anyone in need of thorough and reliable invalidity searches. Their expertise has been invaluable to our legal strategy."
Senior Attorney, US law firm
Filing patents offers several key benefits, including :
- Assessing Novelty : A Prior Art search helps determine whether your invention, innovation, or creative work is novel and unique. It identifies similar existing technologies, products, or creations that may impact your ability to obtain IP protection.
- IP Protection : For inventors and innovators, a Prior Art search is crucial before filing a patent application. It allows you to strengthen your patent claims by identifying relevant prior art and differentiating your invention from existing technologies.
- Risk Mitigation : Prior Art searches are essential for businesses and individuals to assess the risk of infringing on existing patents or IP rights when developing new products or technologies. This proactive approach helps avoid costly legal disputes and liabilities.
- Freedom to Operate (FTO) : Businesses can use Prior Art searches to conduct FTO analyses, ensuring that they have the legal freedom to manufacture, market, and sell their products without infringing on third-party IP rights.
- IP Portfolio Management : Companies with existing IP portfolios benefit from regular Prior Art searches to evaluate the validity and enforceability of their patents. It helps identify opportunities for patent maintenance, licensing, or enforcement.
- Strategic Decision-Making : Prior Art searches inform strategic decisions related to product development, market entry, and IP protection. They help identify opportunities and potential risks that impact business strategy.
- Litigation Preparation : In IP litigation, Prior Art searches help identify relevant references that strengthen the case or challenge the validity of opposing patents. They provide a solid foundation for legal arguments.
- Due Diligence : Investors and venture capitalists use Prior Art searches as part of due diligence when evaluating potential investments in startups or companies with significant IP assets. It aids in assessing the value and risk associated with the IP.
- Informed Innovation : Researchers and innovators benefit from Prior Art searches to understand the existing state of knowledge in their field, identify gaps, and build on prior work effectively.
- Technology Transfer : Academic institutions and technology transfer offices use Prior Art searches to assess the commercial potential of research discoveries and facilitate technology transfer agreements with industry partners.
- Cost Savings : Identifying relevant prior art early in the innovation process can save significant costs. It helps avoid investing resources in projects that may infringe on existing IP rights or have limited commercial viability.
A Prior Art search can provide several significant benefits to your business, regardless of its size or industry. Here's how conducting a Prior Art search can benefit your business :Protecting Intellectual Property (IP) Rights :
- Patent Protection : A Prior Art search helps assess the novelty of your inventions before filing a patent application. This ensures that your innovations meet the criteria for patentability and reduces the risk of patent rejection.
- Trademark Clearance : Before registering a trademark, a Prior Art search helps verify its uniqueness and availability in your target market. This prevents trademark conflicts and potential rebranding efforts.
- Copyright Validation : For creative works, such as literary, artistic, or musical creations, a Prior Art search ensures that your work is original and not subject to copyright restrictions.
- Freedom to Operate (FTO) Analysis : Businesses can use Prior Art searches to assess the risk of infringing on existing patents or IP rights when developing new products or technologies. This proactive approach helps avoid costly legal disputes and liabilities.
- Litigation Preparation : In IP litigation, Prior Art searches help identify relevant references that can strengthen your case or challenge the validity of opposing patents. They provide a solid foundation for legal arguments.
- Product Development : Prior Art searches support product development efforts by providing insights into existing technologies. They help identify opportunities for innovation and guide research and development teams.
- Assessing IP Assets : Regular Prior Art searches help companies evaluate the validity and enforceability of their existing patents. It assists in identifying opportunities for patent maintenance, licensing, or enforcement.
- Strategic IP Decisions : Prior Art searches inform strategic decisions related to IP protection, enforcement, and monetization. They help you prioritize which IP assets to maintain, license, or divest.
- Avoiding Redundant Efforts : Identifying relevant prior art early in the innovation process can save significant costs by avoiding investments in projects that may infringe on existing IP rights or have limited commercial viability.
- Market Expansion : For businesses expanding globally, Prior Art searches help tailor IP strategies to different regions, ensuring that IP rights are protected and enforced in relevant markets.
- Confidence in Innovation : Knowing that your innovations do not infringe on existing IP rights provides confidence in your ability to bring them to market successfully. This confidence can be a valuable asset when seeking investors, partners, or customers.
- Respect for IP Rights : Conducting Prior Art searches demonstrates a commitment to ethical business practices and respect for the IP rights of others. It reduces the risk of damaging your brand's reputation through legal disputes or IP-related controversies.