Evidence of Use chart is developed in order to cite evidences that a particular product/service or standard reads on each element of the patent claim, thus potentially infringing the patent. Detailed evidence of such charts help in licensing negotiations, pre-litigation research, and patent transaction opportunities.
We have extensive experience in creating evidence of use/claim charts. We help you to map key features of the claim(s) to the product specifications and create evidences that potentially prove infringement. For detailed charts, we supplement publically available evidences with reverse engineering or teardown reports. Our EoU chart services include:
1. Patent-to-Product mapping
2. Patent-to-Standard mapping
The patent-to-product mapping chart includes mapping of elements to the product and ascertain the extent that the product reads on to the claim, whereas patent-to-standard mapping includes a patent mapped on the relevant sections of a standard, which in turn establishes infringement of the patent. Over time, we have assisted our clients in numerous successful licensing negotiations. We also have vast experience in working on different standards like IEEE 802, 3GPP, LTE, etc.
While preparing an EoU chart we strongly emphasize on:
1. Thorough understanding of the patent and its claim(s) in light of patent specifications and file history to derive broadest possible interpretation of the independent claim(s)
2. Analyze and create an exhaustive list of potential infringers
3. Perform a thorough search on the identified companies and analyze product portfolios in order to find the infringing product
4. Granular mapping the claim elements to indicate the presence of each element in products/standards